Monday, September 23, 2013

The Golf Weekend

We have some great friends that invited us to join them golfing over the weekend. I jumped all over that for the sheer excitement of driving the cart. You see, my husband and I haven't golfed together in over ten years due to the painful experience that is still vividly in our memories of the last time we attempted to golf together thinking it would be a "fun" date. Boy were we wrong. Without going into too much detail lets just say we nearly divorced over the golf outing. So naturally I vowed to never golf again with my husband in order to keep the marriage in good standing. But I never said I couldn't drive a golf cart. Hence, here we are ten years the wiser and I'm sure things can't go that bad twice.We  accept the kind offer and joined our friends at Hobble Creek Golf Course. It was breathtaking with the fall colors and a slight autumn chill in the air. This helped me overlook the $8 charge for me to simply ride in the cart with no plans to swing a club. I like to consider myself the social golfer. So much so that I found my stereotype in this hilarious golf video which portrays all the different types of golfers out there. I would be considered the "Tee Box Talker."  I don't do it intentionally but I fail to recognize that the silence which occurs on the tee box isn't considered a lull in the conversation that needs to be filled with chatter.  Rather it is golf etiquette to remain hushed so that the golfer tee-ing off can concentrate on their swing. Now that I recognize my golfing faults I can better apply the proper behavior that is expected. Unless, of course I use it to my advantage to gain the upper hand with the scores by intentionally distracting the other golfers in the moments it matters the most. Hmm...I see this as an opportunity not a fault.  Regardless of your golf stereotype Here is a link of great golf products that will get you more excited to play the sport of golf.  We did have a wonderful time with our friends and I'm happy to report that the marriage is still on!

No comments:

Post a Comment